Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back from Vacation

We're back!  It was a wonderful two weeks of vacation filled with family, friends and fun.  My children, Jack, Ryan and Sophia, were thrilled to just sleep in and stay in our pajamas!  (I was definitely okay with that too!)

While we were out, I was pretty much off the grid work wise.  Now that we are back at work and school, I'm looking again at our technology integration and where we are going next.

I wanted to share a lesson with you that you can do this winter. . .graphing the snow!  Here are some resources you can use to help you along the way!

Here's a FREE BrainPOP Jr. movie about winter and snow!

BrainPOP Jr. Winter

This is a super easy website that students can use to create bar graphs.  I like to demonstrate how to use this website before letting the students use it on their own.  You can, obviously, use more than just snowfall data on this graph, but looking outside. . .I can see nothing better to measure!

How To Make a Bar Graph

Utilizing this website, students can make their own snowflakes.

Make Your Own Snowflake

Bookflix. . .LOVE IT!  Two books, The Snowy Day and Snowy Weather Days.

Bookflix-Snow

Happy Teching!
Maria


No comments:

Post a Comment